Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.181.231
Sign in to follow this  
prismatique

Port forwarding on Asus-Wrt Client / Torrents

Hello To everyone.

I want to use Airpvn, through AsusMerlin-WRT Router, for torrenting on a Synology NAS, with port forwading.

When VPN client is configured directly on Synology, Port forwarding works like a charm :  green light on "tcp check" in my port-forwarding client area, and Torrent downloads are maxed to  2 Mb/s (btw is that capped speed ?)

But I would like to set my asus-WRT router for running VPN. But in this case the port forwarding is not working anymore with the torrenting synology, which is logical because router is now the VPN client. Connexion to the VPN server by itself is OK

What to configure on my router or on AirVPN, so that I can have those ports correctly routed to my synology ? I do Understand that routing those ports internally (like normal router) is not to be done and coul lead to some leaks.

Thanks for your answers !

Best regards !

Well, as said searching is always your best friend..

Followed the inputs from this thread : https://airvpn.org/topic/11264-asus-merlin-wrt-port-forwarding-script-setup/

Everything seems to work... "green lights" in my tcp check User Area ...

one question still, this is my routing table :

0931dfb8-f480-44b8-bf85-dd6c74db81fd.png

Isn't it saying that "ALL" incoming connections on configured ports (17725-17726) are redirected to my corresponding client ? (192.168.1.5) even from WAN interface ?

Well, maybe not, hence the "Virtual servers" Tab name...

192.168.1.5 is enforced by "strict Policy" to use only AirVPN. (DNSVPN2) (as 2 others devices, .10 & .11 on DNSVPN1)

Do everything seems allright to you ?

Many thanks & Best regards !