Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.168.172
voddyman

ANSWERED Firestick and AirVpn connection

Hi, Is is possible to connect AirVpn through on a Firestick?

I have looked at previous threads and I have managed to load AirVPN onto my firestick using the open on apo with a Netherlands server and it's says that I'm connected, however when I do a what's my up test it still comes up with my ISP provider's name and my real location???

Any thoughts

I believe you can if you side load it, google it.

I've sideloaded it onto the firestick using the apps2fire on my mobile, but no good, even though it is saying on the firestick that I'm connected to the Netherlands, when I do a whatsmyip search on the downloader app website in firestick, it says my exact location and my ISP, so it's obviously not connected to the AirVPN Netherlands server, although in saying all of this, when I look at the actual map of my connection it is a map with a pin point marker placed somewhere in the Netherlands???  very strange???

Can someone please explain this and also let me know if I am actually connected to a Netherland server or not???

I have looked at previous threads and I have managed to load AirVPN onto my firestick using the open on apo with a Netherlands server and it's says that I'm connected, however when I do a what's my up test it still comes up with my ISP provider's name and my real location???

Any thoughts

you can my friend, i use open vpn for android and side load the app on the firestick with apps 2 fire.  i then upload the open files to the firestick, and make sure all ipv4 and ipv6 traffic is routed through the vpn, works like a charm

Any thoughts

you can my friend, i use open vpn for android and side load the app on the firestick with apps 2 fire.  i then upload the open files to the firestick, and make sure all ipv4 and ipv6 traffic is routed through the vpn, works like a charm

I've done the first two and uploaded the open vpn and the files onto the open vpn, but how do I change make sure that the ip4 and ip6 is routed through the vpn??

Any thoughts

I've done the first two and uploaded the open vpn and the files onto the open vpn, but how do I change make sure that the ip4 and ip6 is routed through the vpn??

Ok, I've ticked the two ipv4/ipv6 boxes in the settings on openvpn app/client, however when I do the whatsmyip test it is still showing my real address, so I am now totally lost as to why this is not working :-( 

Hi, another thought, does it have to be the fire second generation stick for any of the above to actually work because I believe mine is the first generation???

Ok, Further update, I've went and bought the 2nd generation voice control  Firestick and AirVPN definitely works with the Firestick Version 2.

First sideloaded OpenVPN onto the firestick using the app Apps2Fire then upload your opvn files [you have to download these from the AIRVPN  using the config generator to your computer] then either using a server or transferring therm onto your mobile [which is what I did]  and use the upload option [it's an arrow at the top right of the screen] on Apps2Fire

I did two or three different server locations and tested the source using whatsmyip and they were all correct. Woohoo success at last, lol.