Not connected, Your IP: 54.224.90.25
sjf@iname.com

Can I see the Network Lock rules and edit them?

Hi,

I tried the Network Lock in Eddie yesterday. Unfortunately, despite configuring my main PC as an allowed address and disabling ping (local/private disabled!), it prevented remote desktop while still allowing pings. I still love AirVPN, but no offence, I don't trust the Network Lock implementation and want to do it myself!

How does Network Lock work when using WFP? I saw on another post that I can use batch files to permit connections with the netsh CLI. However if Eddie is using WFP to make its own firewall*, how does this work? 

Is there a reason you don't recommend Windows Firewall version, I am guessing this just adds rules. That sounds ideal because both Eddie and I can maintain the rules together.

*I haven't read too much, but I understand WFP is a set of APIs designed for hooking into the network stack for implementing firewalls, so its an entire separate process and implementation to Windows Firewall.

Thanks

S