Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.240.178

I've recently created a Facebook account and noticed that Facebook a few hours ago was identifying me as having logged in from the proxy location. Now no matter what I do it's detecting the capital city of the real country where I'm logging in from. I've checked all the usual sites but there doesn't appear to be a leak or browser fingerprint issue.

Facebook identifies me as logging in from 

Windows - PC [Capital city, Country]

I'm using Windows 10 and Eddie 2.12.4 and wonder if somehow Microsoft/Windows is providing the data?

Did you try deleting cookies?

Checked with ipleak and it isn't showing my real location. Deleted cookies as well. Checked with browser fingerprint detecting sites and the only thing they show is that I'm using English. I've even changed my system clock to match the proxy location that I'm using. 

The puzzling thing is that Facebook shows that I first logged in from my proxy location, yet every subsequent login location is detected as the correct country. Somehow Facebook is managing to detect the correct country. 

Is it possible that Microsoft is providing the data?

Has anyone else tried this as an experiment by creating a Facebook account to see how long it takes Facebook to detect the correct country after a few logins despite using a proxy?

It appears FB has various ways to detect location. Doing a web search for info about FB detecting real location while using a VPN returns some interesting results including this forum thread. You indicate the test at ipleak.net does not show your location. That rules out items tested on the ipleak test site.

​Of  course the facebook and googles try to map your online life and make money with it.

​Have a look at privacytools.io ; specially  the firefox plugins .

Tip:try the browser part from the tor project and if you want more tor+airvpn.

​Gr,Casper