Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.88.249
Sign in to follow this  
scgt1

Port forward test is timing out

Air was forwarding my port just fine yesterday (when I set it up) and the first part of today. I then was gone most of the day to come home to my torrent client no longer doing anything. I test the network on it and it fails. So I came over here and tested my port forward setting and it ends with a black circle and this notice if highlighted.

Not reachable on server IP over the external port 52052, tcp protocol. Error: 110 Connection timed out -Checked 0 seconds ago.

Is this an issue with my end or AirVPN?

I personally have a couple servers setup that I can work with fine remotely, so I know the connection is there but unfortunately AIRVPNs test port feature does not pick it up. I used to see green on my deluge client sometime ago, so maybe it only works for some services?

I recommend you ignore this feature for your testing and go ahead and test the connection to determine if you setup correctly or not.

Edit: so I had some time to test this morning with my client and what I found was the same as discussed here https://airvpn.org/topic/23387-port-forwarding-issues/

I can have everything work fine from some servers but not the US servers close to me. I did not test all of them but the problem is related to the server you connect to at the time of your testing and use of the torrent client.

See below, the only thing I changed was server I connect to. Hope this helps. Some don't believe this to be the case but this is what I have found to be the problem in my case.

cEEpcWM.png    MGEumdY.png