Not connected, Your IP: 35.168.113.248
spek

AIR VPN w/Amazon Fire TV

Hello,

I am new to all this and did my research and signed up for AirVPN.  I'm very pleased with the ease of use for a noob like me.  I have set up on my home Mac and my iPhone and all seems to be working great.  The question I have is how to set up the VPN on my Amazon Fire TV.  I am running Kodi and Phoenix on it to stream content and am worried that this streaming is visible.  I am sorry if this is a repeat topic - I searched for help.  I am new at all this, so any assistance would be appreciated.

The Fire TV is hardwired right now for better speed, but I could route it wirelessly through my Time Capsule if that will help set up VPN.  I don't have a VPN-ready router - it belongs to AT&T so I am wary of jailbreaking it.

Thanks for your help.

simple way, is share your Mac's internet and the fire stick connect to it via wifi unless you have more that one Ethernet port on the mac.

You could also download openvpn client on the firestick and have it connect that way. Just remember that air only allows 3 simultaneous connections

This is a great question and it took me a while to find a solution I liked. Most suggest that you sideload an apk, but I found a simple approach.

I used the Downloader app that you can find on the Amazon app store. Then go to http://plai.de/android/ and download the apk, this is the same they provide on the play store. The app installs easily as soon as you've downloaded it. Now open the app and go fetch the .ovpn file, I first downloaded it on my computer, then uploaded it to a server and used Downloader to download it on the Fire tv. You could also put it on an SD card. Once you have the ovpn file you can either manually start the VPN or have it automatically connect every time you start your fire tv.

I hope this helps