Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.119.229
Sign in to follow this  
xiges

Hosting server with "Not specified routes go Outside Tunnel"?

Hello, I got AirVPN for the sole purpose of trying to host a minecraft server. I don't really care about anonymity, and this is cheaper than paying for a server with equal specs to my computer.

I have been trying to use AirVPN with all traffic for about two weeks. I mostly game, and I have found that there is some frequent packet loss/ping spikes, so I've decided to try to have only the server be on the VPN.

My question is, since I have a blank routes setting on Eddie, and set it so that the "Not specified routes go: Outside the VPN tunnel", what IP would I need to add to be able to host this server through the VPN?
I cannot host the server without a VPN because I am in an apartment complex and cannot port forward.
I have checked to see that I can host the server with the default settings and it works just fine, I can connect from external IP's to the server. (I followed this tutorial: https://airvpn.org/topic/9455-hosting-a-minecraft-server-with-airvpn/)

Is this even possible?
Thank you!

For any server and service, there are 2 options available: using the VPN server address you are connected to and forwarding that port to your tunnel IP,

or bypassing the tunnel and hosting the service on your ISP connection just like you would do without any VPN involved.

There is no other option installing anything else on the VPN servers, for obvious reasons.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

For any server and service, there are 2 options available: using the VPN server address you are connected to and forwarding that port to your tunnel IP,

or bypassing the tunnel and hosting the service on your ISP connection just like you would do without any VPN involved.

There is no other option installing anything else on the VPN servers, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I want to run the server with the VPN address, and everything else without the VPN address. How is this done?

Will it just automatically be done if the VPN is running and I port forward with the vpn?

Or is it just not possible with the default routing being done outside the vpn tunnel?

I'm not trying to install anything on any server, it's all being done from my computer.