Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.189.104
VeNoMouS

Sessions Statistics not working *lol* Port Forwarding too *sadface*

The problem first:

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 whose only way to reach the Internet is via OpenVPN/->AirVPN.

I've completely disabled IPv6 (on the kernel level), fixed the DNS (the normal up/down config fix) so I am not leaking my ISP's DNS anymore and everything works fine. Only AirVPN's IPv4 address, and DNS are visible. Good.

Again: The only possible way for my Pi to reach the internet is trough OpenVPN/->AirVPN. I already verified that.

I started downloading a few things via the VPN and started to notice that no session was showing up in the CP.

A4lBGvU.png

So I logged into my AirVPN account with my Pi

yJBs94L.png

Yup, looks good.

Then I scrolled down...

VuOTbWK.png

Well, some may say that I don't really need the session statistics anyway but that's not the case for me.

The only reason I bought this VPN was for the port forwarding. Since my session doesn't pop up in the AirVPN CP my ports aren't getting forwarded ...

My OpenVPN config:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote de.vpn.airdns.org 443
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
remote-cert-tls server
cipher AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo no
route-delay 5
verb 3
explicit-exit-notify 5

[ ... certificate stuff ... ]

script-security 2
up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

Is this because I am using UDP? Doesn't make any sense though. Are the sessions just so short that they instantly disappear? I am currently downloading ~500MB via AirVPN (which I verified) and there still isn't a session.

I only need the port forwarding.

I'd like to add that if I connect with a different device AirVPN automatically logs me into the same server as my Pi and therefore kicks it out which aborts all downloads/terminates all sessions. I know that it connects to the same server since that one has the lowest latency. I just wanted to prove that the session of the Pi is actively used but seems to be invisible to AirVPN.

Oh I just found out that I can exploit it Great! Still not what I need.

As a joke I just connected to 5 different AirVPN servers, am currently downloading with 5 simultaneous connections and it still says that I have 3 connections left! Wowzer!

My external server even shows the different IPs and that they are actively downloading. Still, all I want is port forwarding.

Hi,

I think you should open a ticket.

Let's see if they find it here. I already wasted a month just to find out that I had to fix the port forwarding myself ... I had a python handler to force the connections to come through.

I am trying it directly via the Pi now just to find out that it could get worse ...