Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.246.193
DZ5TGW

Kaspersky 2017 'Patch E' released

Kaspersky have finally released 'Patch E' to most customers. This resolves the major problems caused to VPN users who also use their Internet Security software.

Kaspersky keep changing the location of the complaints topic and deleting/merging the numerous threads on their support forums but at the time of writing the information about 'Patch D' (which caused the initial issue) can be found here.

According to another post one of their moderators says [read it carefully]:

If you un and re install Kaspersky, or install Kaspersky during the week when the latest patch is being gradually released, there may be a several day wait until the patch shows up in the new install.

On my system the issue was so bad a few weeks ago I had to uninstall Kaspersky and use alternative AV software. Now the issue has been resolved I have re-downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 and it is working without issue with AirVPN.

'Patch E' installed itself after installation and rebooting my computer once. YMMV.

You can force a 'Patch E' install via their beta testing; instructions here. This should not however be necessary as they are rolling the stable patch out to all customers.

The problem appears to have been caused by KIS injecting traffic in order to block ads and malware prior to it reaching the browser. Patch D also changed the software's interaction with DNS. Whilst a fix could have been made for OpenVPN it would have meant making unnecessary changes to OpenVPN because of Kaspersky's bad implementation.

The full download (187 MB) for KIS 2017 (English language) is here. This file is not the small web-based installer.

Kaspersky have finally released 'Patch E' to most customers. This resolves the major problems caused to VPN users who also use their Internet Security software.

Kaspersky keep changing the location of the complaints topic and deleting/merging the numerous threads on their support forums but at the time of writing the information about 'Patch D' (which caused the initial issue) can be found here.

According to another post one of their moderators says [read it carefully]:

If you un and re install Kaspersky, or install Kaspersky during the week when the latest patch is being gradually released, there may be a several day wait until the patch shows up in the new install.

On my system the issue was so bad a few weeks ago I had to uninstall Kaspersky and use alternative AV software. Now the issue has been resolved I have re-downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 and it is working without issue with AirVPN.

'Patch E' installed itself after installation and rebooting my computer once. YMMV.

You can force a 'Patch E' install via their beta testing; instructions here. This should not however be necessary as they are rolling the stable patch out to all customers.

The problem appears to have been caused by KIS injecting traffic in order to block ads and malware prior to it reaching the browser. Patch D also changed the software's interaction with DNS. Whilst a fix could have been made for OpenVPN it would have meant making unnecessary changes to OpenVPN because of Kaspersky's bad implementation.

The full download (187 MB) for KIS 2017 (English language) is here. This file is not the small web-based installer.

Thanks for the information, my experience was similar, once KAV was reinstalled and a reboot, Patch E showed and Air VPN worked again.