Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.165.246
Sign in to follow this  
SonicMetal15

How to forward HTTP port using random remote port to local HTTP port??

I need help trying to set up this web server to be accessible from the internet.  It sits behind a pfSense firewall on a private VLAN for DMZ purposes but is currently listening on port 80.  I can access it just fine from any of my local networks behind the firewall but not from outside.  I went to the AirVPN client area to set up the port forwarding and since I could not forward port 80 on the AirVPN interface, I went with a random port (let's say 22222) and chose 80 for the local port.  This is where I'm having some trouble.  Using pfSense, I set up a NAT for the AirVPN interface at port 22222 (the source) to forward to my webserver at port 80 (the destination).  Then it automatically setup a firewall rule for allow that traffic to pass.  Is that the right way to do it, when the AirVPN interface is listening at port 22222 to forward it to your local VPN IP at 80, which then gets forwarded again from that IP to your local webserver at port 80?  That is essentially a double NAT that is taking place? 

It was pretty straight forward port forwarding a port that wasn't taken for my torrent client but this is a little more confusing.  Also another issue: I changed the A record of the DNS for the company that I registered the domain name with.to point to my AirVPN public IP.  It won't let me enter a customized port (such as 22222).  Is that another reason why I cannot access my website outside my network?  Is it therefore not possible to host a private website using AirVPN because you cannot forward port 80 since it's reserved without having to double NAT?