Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.106.232
Stack of computer parts

InfoSec for dummies book recommendation needed

Is there a book out there that someone could recommend that could help a completely unaware person understand the concepts of information security? I can only help so much because this individual does not really understand the gravity of mixing clearnet with encrypted comms. I am morally obligated to help how I can and I think that maybe a book that is engaging and descriptive would be enough to get this person to understand more of what they want. Unfortunately this person is not computer savvy so none of the security training manuals or websites are going to engage this person the way an actual physical readable book would.

Basically something for a journalist traveling with sensitive data, information hiding and validation, secure communication methods, reasons for privacy, best practices. Tin foil hat for dummies

Thanks,

and sorry

Free InfoSec Book List

Massive ebook collection on several hacking disciplines, including beginner's guides to InfoSec. Probably not worth downloading it all.

More practical: Cybrary.

And more.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks, I will check and see If there are hardcopies available. The problem is that to actually help this person its got to be a physical book. Something your grandmother needs to be able to hold and read while riding on a train. Something to explain to her on that train that traveling around thinking its still the 60s when activism was safe, cool, and without any worry. While just leaking data everywhere and securing nothing is a serious liability nowadays.