Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.79.70
jean claud

ban bing and google (if it's not already done...)

Google and Microsoft have signed a "code of conduct" in the UK, the Guardian and the BBC reported on Monday (February 20th). This code commits them to make less visible sites that offer pirated content, such as movies, music, books or retransmissions of matches. Concretely, the search engines Google and Bing promise not to highlight the sites reported by the beneficiaries when the users search for content. They undertake to valorise instead sites offering a legal offer. This operation should take effect this summer.

This code of conduct was signed after discussions with the organizations representing the rights holders, supervised by the British Intellectual Property Office and the Ministry of Culture.

Google and Bing are already dereferencing certain sites reported by rights holders, if they provide proof that these sites violate the copyright. This new announcement does not specify whether the way these businesses will change will change with this code of conduct. The British Phonography Industry said it is also intended to "increase cooperation and information sharing" between these companies and the rights holders.

I faintly remember a similar deal with german authorities a few years back. No idea whether it took effect.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I never use Google or Bing. I use Startpage which is Google, but Startpage hides your identity from Google. DuckDuckGo is another good search engine.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News