Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.63.236
Duckandhide

Overwhelmed - I think by DNS problems

Internet security is a good idea. Preventing the government from watching you is even better. I like the idea, so I bought a subscription. But I am sorry, I cannot spend my whole life on this. I  have other  things to do and I am very close to giving up.

I think I now have a general idea what DNS, UDP, IvP4 and 6, DCHP, port forwarding, LAN and what have you not is about. Good for my general knowledge, no good to get to grips with this. I must have spent 20+ hours fiddling with this thing over the last month but I'm not getting anywhere. It's slow, cumbersome, unreliable and an absolute nightmare. 

Now I've reinstalled the client - Eddie 2.11.15. Try to access sites, but not possible anymore. I suspect a DNS problem, since I get the google search results, but nothing opens from there. See - I have actually understood something;-) Maybe it's the windows firewall. I've sat the network lock on preferences to windows firewall. Doesn't help me.  

There are not really any explanations on how to set the preferences in eddie. DNS? I see you can set a switch mode (whatever that is) ans manually write in some servers. Don't know what to do. 

Been trying to set the DNS settings in network and sharing centre to 8.8.8.8. (I know it's no good for security, but I just want to get the freaking thing working) Keeps jumping back occasionally to 10.4.1 or whatever (the AirVPN DNS). Then it stops working. The problem seems to be at its worse when set to automatic - then there's no way to access sites at all. 

I try to access HBO Nordic. It keeps falling out over and over. I check initial connection speed on speedtest.net , getting about 30 or 40 (Mbit Kbit or whatever) which should be fine, but then it keeps falling out over and over.

Network lock in eddie preferences? Dunno what to do there. There are no explanations. The forums read like ancient Greek. Lots of info about what to do with some arcane Linux setups I had never heard of before, very little about my problems. To tell the truth, I don't know were to look.  

I try to access HBO Nordic. It keeps falling out over and over. I check initial connection speed, getting about 30 or 40 (Mbit Kbit or whatever) which should be fine, but then it keeps falling out over and over.

In the Logs tab, the first thing you can do is to copy the log output and paste it here. We need a better, more technical understanding of your setup and the issue.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.