Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.81.4
Kepler_452b

Wireless Keyboards and Mice Trivial to Hack

Syss.de researchers have shown that wireless keyboards and mice are trivial to hack with cheap off the shelf hardware...even those that are 'secured' with AES.

"https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/24/hackers_pop_top_secure_wireless_keyboard_and_mouse_kits_gain_rce/"

"https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/10/your-wireless-keyboard-isnt-safe-even-with-aes-encryption/"

Anything that is entered can be read (including passwords) and replay attacks allow hacker to take control of the machine. Mouse hack can be used with onscreen keyboard to type any data.

I miss the convenience of wireless, but because of lack of security I don't use them.

I already had this shower thought.. "if a wireless keyboard works on the same frequency as WLAN and if there's a history of WLAN hacking, what is the chance you could listen to what a keyboard says..?"

Good to know it's public now. I've never used wireless equipment because some of them were so heavy I thought I was lifting weight.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.