Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.160.76
Sign in to follow this  
routeninja

IPSec connections?

I would like to be able to setup my Meraki firewall to connect to AVPN. However, it only supports IPSec over L2TP. Do you guys support that? They do not support the OpenVPN protocol.

I would like to be able to setup my Meraki firewall to connect to AVPN. However, it only supports IPSec over L2TP. Do you guys support that? They do not support the OpenVPN protocol.

L2TP, PPTP and IPSEC are all insecure protocols and thus will never be supported. AirVPN will only support OpenVPN and nothing else unless something more secure is ever developed. 

One main attribute to OpenVPN over other protocols is the fact that it is open source, which means that the public can verify that it is secure and contains no back doors. 

Without support for other protocols i believe the setup you are attempting will not be possible as it only supports those protocols.

OK. I just wanted to be able to create a private SSID and VLAN it and route it out the VPN. Even tag some local switchports to make sure certain ports always route out VPN. Anyone know of a cheap way to do this? Say for <$100? I have and Edgerouter that I have seen someone on here post about. I may look into that.

Any ~$50 router that supports OpenWRT can do multiple SSID and VLAN tagging per each of them. However if you plan to run OpenVPN on it, the cheaper it is the slower the performance will be.

Can you recommend something?