Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.156.205
Mollaa

Android - always on VPN

I want to activate an always-on VPN on my Android phone, so only VPN connections are allowed, and any connection outside of the VPN tunnel should be blocked. Android does have an "always on" setting, but how do you set this up with AirVPN? I only find guides for the "OpenVPN for Android" app, which doesn't seem to truly support this functionality (they have their TUN setting, but they say themselves that it only "attempts" to block non-VPN traffic).

I can't use a firewall because my phone is not rooted (and I do not want to root it).

So, in short: Is it possible with the standard Android VPN interface + AirVPN, to block ALL non-VPN traffic?

I only find guides for the "OpenVPN for Android" app, which doesn't seem to truly support this functionality (they have their TUN setting, but they say themselves that it only "attempts" to block non-VPN traffic)

In Settings, the second option is to select a VPN profile for when the device boots and for Always-On. The third setting enables connect on boot.

It works good, try it out.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Mine is not allowing to use airvpn, when i select always on vpn, it shows "none" but ovpn app shows up but not a profile.

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk