Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.34.146
Sign in to follow this  
3vSIMdRVv6Q1TmbFsIiP8QV8

AutoPico Daily Restart causing loss of connection

I've been having an issue ever since I started running the AirVPN client about a month ago that persisted regardless if used the latest stable or beta version, but I think I may have tracked down the problem.

What was happening was my computer would go offline everyday two or three times a day, and the client would show I was still connected, but the connection was dead. Disconnecting and reconnecting the client wasn't working, the only thing that did work was to close the client, uninstall the tap driver, and then run the client and let re-install the driver. 

This week, I started to look over the logs of my shoutcast server, and noticed that it was going offline at 11:29am, then again at 5:29pm, then every 12 hours after that. 

Hmmmm....after more thinking, I realized that something is 'collapsing that tunnel on a schedule!

So I opened the task scheduler and looked up what kicked off at 11:29am everyday, and found the AutoPico Daily Restart program. 

As I understand it, the guy who built the computer for me and insisted on putting Win 8.1 on it was using a pirated copy, so he scheduled the AutoPico to run so often so that it will stay 'permanently activated.' So I've edited to run 'at start-up' instead of every 12 hours and I'll see if I need to hack the key and put in a legit one. 

I've followed a lot of suggestions I found on this forum trying to figure out the problem, I hope this solve it. If I can keep the connection up for 24 hours without losing it and having to manually uninstall the driver, then I'll consider it a success.

UPDATE:

Okay, I guess this is confirmed, we've been online without unexpected drops for 36 hours now. The 'AutoPico' was indeed causing the connection to be lost.

Now I still have THIS problem.... perhaps someone could give some suggestions for this one:  

After Eddie is connected and running and Eddie is configured to start with windows, lock the network, and re-establish connection to the last server,

IF the computer is shut down or restarted due to user action or loss of power....

When windows (10) boots back up, Eddie starts and tries to reconnect, however, it fails to reconnect and then gets stuck in a loop of trying to reconnect and failing.

The manual solution I've found to make Eddie reconnect: 

When it won't connect, I either open the client's preferences -> Advanced -> uninstall driver, then close Eddie, OR

Close Eddie, manually uninstall the TAP driver, THEN

restart Eddie, and let it re-install the driver.

(Eddie installs TAP file version 2.21.2 9/21

IF Eddie is shut down, (simply closed without disconnecting or unlocking network), then when it is restarted, it is able to re-establish the connection without any trouble. It is only when the entire computer is shut down (either manually or unexpectedly due to power outages) that Eddie is unable to re-establish it's connection through the tunnel.

What am I looking for and How do I fix that? 

Thanks