Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.170.143
Sign in to follow this  
mehāniskākaravīrs935

Any NL servers that have correct Google geolocation?

I cannot seem to find a server that will redirect to google.nl like it's supposed to. Does anyone know of one that still does?

PS: So far i have found none. Switching servers over 40 times can get a little boring, not to mention irritating.

I have done some math, and after counting the servers i have tested to not geolocate correctly, i have a rough estimate that over 43% of all AirVPN servers fail to redirect to the proper google page for the country they claim to reside in; or about 70 servers out of the 160 AirVPN provides. I have not tested for all servers in Canada, because most of them do in fact work.

All Netherlands servers fail to geolocate with Google. 44 servers

All Sweden servers fail to geolocate with Google. 18 servers

All Lithuania Servers fail to geolocate with Google. 3 servers

All Czech Republic Servers fail to geolocate with Google. 1 server

1/2 of Spain servers fail to Geolocate with Google.

2/4 Hong Kong servers fail to geolocate with Google.

1/2 Switzerland Servers fail to geolocate with Google

There are more in the UK which i have not tested. Bellatrix is the only one i have been able to use reliably

Maybe it's crazy for me to expect servers to behave as if they are where they say they are. I know they are where they are supposed to be, but Google seems to deliberately fuck up VPN geolocation. If i bought a vps and setup a VPN there is a good chance that it will redirect properly. I do not know why Google would be such a dickhead about VPN servers, but clearly this is not AirVPN's fault; but it is nonetheless fucking annoying. If i lived in one of these countrys and went abroad, and i wanted to connect to my home country i wouldn't even bother unless for local programs, better off connecting closest to where you are.

For someone who gets annoyed about this, i can really only take about 56% of these servers seriously for normal browsing. Which is great! but i am still missing out on 43% of them along with entire countries.