Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.70.203
zxy-kille

VM Ware fusion and Air VPN p2p

Hi

I have a Mac with OS X and on that machine I alos have VM Ware fusion that I use to start a virtual image with windows 7.

Now in that virtual image I have installed AirVPN and do some fileshare with p2p.

Since the Mac itself is on the network with my real IP at the same time as the virtual image uses p2p via Air VPN...

Is it possible for anyone to trace/see my real IP when trying to trace the p2p filesharing IP??

If so can I do something to raise security on my setup?

I am not deep into tech stuff so any tip on understandable level would be great.

thanks

They shouldn't be able to see your real IP. In your Virtual Machine, make sure you have network lock enabled and try visiting https://ipleak.net/ to check for any IP/DNS leaks. Next, I would recommend you to use qBitTorrent because it has a feature where it allows you to bind qBitTorrent to a specified adapter which (in this case) would be your VPN adapter. This way, if your VPN somehow disconnects (which is usually the only chance for any IP/DNS leaks) your torrent client will not download until the VPN is reconnected and since you've enabled Network Lock, your computer will not be allowed to send any data to anywhere except AirVPN's servers.

Hi Thanks so much for the answer.

Reason for my worry is that in Sweden this week a new anouncement was made that a law firm www.spridningskollen.se have monitored and tracked ip adresses from p2p like piratebay and more for about 6-8 months and they will starting next week start to send so called invoices to all they nailed to the wall with log+ip...

So a bit worried if they actually have tools that can see though eddie and air vpn...

Anyway thanks fo the tip on qBitTorrent I downloaded it yesterday. However How do I connect it to Air VPN??

But how do I connect it to air vpn??

Under Tools-Advanced I found "Network Interface" but I did not understand if this was where the connection was to be made??

it had these options:

isatap.localdomain

any interface

local area connection 

local area connection 2

local area connection 9

Bluetooth Connection

isatap (3d...long code)

Or is it the setting below called: Optional IP adress to bind to??

that can be set to: fe80::numbers and%tunnel_6

what other settings can I do in eddie and qBit to be maximum safe??

can I do other things to raise security??

And how worried should I be that someone sees through this setup?

again thanks

If you are so worried, may I suggest to not download copyrighted content at all?

Download Eddie to the VM and launch it. Enable Network Lock in Eddie. Connect Eddie to AirVPN. Check ipleak.net for leaks (and use the torrent test, too!).

qBittorrent works perfectly without binding to an interface. It doesn't even provide more security because Network Lock is enabled. Should the TUN interface collapse, the firewall rules will deny out-of-tunnel communication.

And how worried should I be that someone sees through this setup?

Even though you can tell from the outside when an OpenVPN tunnel is active, no one can know what you are doing inside it. Traffic could be a Steam download, or a video upload. The tunnel is encrypted, you generally can't see into it.

If you still get love letters, it's because you misconfigured something. Definitely.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.