Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.183.14
sarac_h

Any way to not use the software?

hello, i am new to air vpn.

i am using it airvpn client for mac os, but i have a question?

can we just delete the third party software and enable the vpn by setting it at network settings in mac os? 

if yes where can i find these settings, i want to apply it to all of my devices including ios android and mac os without having the software.

thanks a lot.

Short answer: No.

The minimum requirement is the OpenVPN application, which does not come pre-installed on any platform.

You do not have to run the AirVPN client (Eddie) in order to use the service, but OpenVPN is mandatory.

For OSX, your alternatives are Viscosity and Tunnelblick apps.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

can we just delete the third party software and enable the vpn by setting it at network settings in mac os? 

if yes where can i find these settings, i want to apply it to all of my devices including ios android and mac os without having the software.

thanks a lot.

Is it not obvious that at least some software is required to do the encryption/decryption and to do all the comms management of it?

thanks a lot.

Is it not obvious that at least some software is required to do the encryption/decryption and to do all the comms management of it?

i am really new to vpn. a friend told me that i can somehow manage it via l2tp or something. just wanted to try

thanks a lot.

i am really new to vpn. a friend told me that i can somehow manage it via l2tp or something. just wanted to try

This is true, though tricky and not going to work on Android versions after ICS (4.0).

There's an (old) app called FeatVPN. It's designed to do the following:

1. Start a local L2TP server and let Android's built-in client connect to it.
  2. Launch a local OpenVPN client and let it connect to a remore OpenVPN server.
  3. While the connection is active, do inbound and outbound protocol translation.

According to the website, it has a few disadvantages. Take a look yourself, it's section 1 of the How-To, Limitations of the Technology.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.