Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.2.15
Sign in to follow this  
bucko0521

Using Airvpn through Smoothwall proxy server

My school uses smoothwall proxy server after some research I found out that it is a squid proxy server. I was wondering how I can get past my schools proxy server to access gaming. I cannot find the port number the school is using however I have found the server address. Any help on how to bypass smoothwall?

Do you have admin rights in your computer?, that's the first question. If so, then try with tcp 80/443 and with ssh connections.

Try the proxy with port 8080, it's the usual port in these cases. You can use it in Eddie's preferences.

I have admin access and I have tried the method you have said but till not working. Any other way around I can login with my username and password but it gets stuck when checking authorisation.

If you have admin rights, first also find out what's the server and port in some computer of the network before using it in the VPN, and then use it in Eddie's preferences. When you use Eddie, write this server and port and also the username and password, use network lock, and connect as zhang888 says. Test different options. You can also use a linux live-cd or live-dvd as knoppix with Airvpn (knoppix 7.2 cd version works very well with Eddie portable). In this case note the computer ip, gateway and masc, and disable ipv6.

I can't find the port number but I have found the server address for the http proxy server. Any way that I can find the port number as I believe that would fix my problems

That's easy in every computer, check Internet options and Connections tab for the proxy server and port.

My school uses certificates to authenticate the access. I cannot find the port number however the name of the certificate is smoothwall1.school-name.org. I used to have it working with Airvpn but they switched the proxy server so now I have no clue about the port number. I have tried 8080 with no luck any other suggestions. I think if I were able to find the port number I can get it to work. However, when I look in Internet options there is no proxy server or port number as these are listed by the certificate. However I cannot look into the certificate

If you are only worried about finding the port, then connect normally with the proxy and then in the windows terminal type netstat -an and check the connections and ports.

I have managed to figure out that smoothwall may not be a proxy server. I think it may be something to do with ssl as the certificate we install is an ssl certificate. Is there anyway I can connect to a vpn server through the ssl tunnel. I really need this because I am boarding and they block YouTube. Any suggestions on how to use Airvpn to bypass ssl?