Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.247.175
Sign in to follow this  
kazetnik

Qnap firmware 4.2.2 setting up - sharing folders link

Hello

I am trying to use for the first time a VPN. I have a pc with win7 and a qnap NAS (TS 420 with 4.2.2 firmware that is supposed to be the last one so far). As first choiche i had to decide if setting up separately in vpn my pc and later the qnap or to set them up both at the router level (Asus AC 5300). For the moment i have decided to follow the first way.

I connected the pc easily, now i would like some suggestion to set the qnap up.

I read some posts about this topic but apart from the fact they are about past firmwares, they seem to me to be very cumbersome and complex (scripts and code lines to add etc) and i am wondering why is not sufficient to fill in the window available in qnap for this purpose (i attach it here). Regarding this, is there any guide about how to fill it?

An important point: In the past i had set up a host name in no-ip website and through that i send links to my friends to share the content of certain qnap folders. After connecting my qnap to vpn will that be still possible?

thank you very much

Hello,

In QNAP 4.2.1. I tried to setup the OPenVPN connection with the windows screens, but that wasn't succesfull.  Maybe this works fine in 4.2.2. but I dind't try it anymore.  Did you tried to setup the connection with the windows screens? And was is working?

Ludo