Not connected, Your IP: 3.22.130.29
banned

Hop server for Poland?

Hi, I have a problem with official polish tv site sport.tvp.pl. All Rio 2016 transmissions are accessible only from Poland so I have to completely switch off openvpn to access it. Would it be possible to have a "hop" server for Poland in some near future? I'm not really interested in a "full" server because I'd never use a vpn server in my own country;)

Thanks

hanks for your reply zhang888.

The site requires Flash for streaming but I use Debian and I don't install anything closed source on it (certainly not something like Flash).

So my current solution is to run everything in a virtual machine and install Flash inside it. Requires some tuning but it works even in HD. The main problem was that they block my IP, so in Virtual Box machine's network configuration I switched from NAT to Bridged Adapter. So now I have working "polish" connection inside VM and I don't have to switch of openvpn on the host system.

The only thing that worries me is that Virtual Box can somehow magically bypass my firewall when machine's network interface is set to Bridged Adapter.

I don't understand how a process without root privileges can "escape" my firewall (I suspect there is some daemon running in background with root privileges). Also: any recommendations what could I read to have some basic understanding of the network (e.g. bridge, NAT, routing etc)?

E.g even with this configuration (complete network block) in host OS I have no problem connecting to the internet in VM:

BLOCK IPv6
sudo ip6tables -F -t filter
sudo ip6tables -F -t nat
sudo ip6tables -X

sudo ip6tables -P INPUT DROP
sudo ip6tables -P OUTPUT DROP
sudo ip6tables -P FORWARD DROP

# BLOCK IPv4
sudo iptables -F -t filter
sudo iptables -F -t nat
sudo iptables -X

sudo iptables -P INPUT DROP
sudo iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
sudo iptables -P FORWARD DROP

The VM in bridge mode has a separate address and adapter, generally from your router, so you will have to set up firewall rules in the VM itself,

regardless of the rules you have on your host. This is expected behavior.

The Virtualbox wiki is quite good. NAT mode means you will use your hosts network settings, Bridge means that you will have a separate VM

with separate physical network adapter, the best example for it would be a neighbor machine in your LAN.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I feel like you're overcomplicating this. Is it not better to just use a proxy and use a proxy switcher, if you wanna watch TVP Sport?

EDIT: Here's a list of Polish proxy sites; http://prx.centrump2p.com/english/country/pl/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wydaje mi się że komplikujesz całą sprwę. Nie wystarczy proxy z Polski i jakiś switcher plugin jeśli chcesz oglądać TVP Sport?

EDIT: Tutaj masz listę Polskich stron proxy; http://prx.centrump2p.com/english/country/pl/

Hi TheDieselBoiler and thanks for a good suggestion. I'll try your method another time, however, because the second problem is Flash - I don't want it on my main system.  And if I'm not mistaken a good Firefox plugin for switching proxies is FoxyProxy.