Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.187.121

Hey!

New to this community but things are going very well so far. I'm using AirVPN to access my Plex server and download/upload safely. I have double NAT in my apartment complex so AirVPN saved me.

Anyways, I am pretty confused with the DDNS settings and am hoping somebody can clear this up for me. Basically, I have a domain that I want to use in conjunction with my external IP (that obviously changes when I switch servers). How do I use the DDNS settings with my domain so that www.Example.com always forwards to my IP assigned by AirVPN?

GoDaddy is who the domain is with - if that makes any difference.

Appreciate you all!

You don't need to use your own domain - you have to specify your own DDNS name in the port forwarding settings and then use

ddns_hostname.airdns.org as your host.

You can use your own domain - but that will require a DDNS client and server which are supposed to be maintained by you.

This is not necessary when you use Air DDNS.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

If you can manually set a CNAME record for example.com, setting this to ddnshostname.airdns.org will do. This will of course be one step too much as speaking to airdns.org directly is better, as zhang wrote.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

If you can manually set a CNAME record for example.com, setting this to ddnshostname.airdns.org will do. This will of course be one step too much as speaking to airdns.org directly is better, as zhang wrote.

Since "example.com" would be the label of an SOA record for the zone, it cannot also label a CNAME (unless things have changed dramatically in the last few years, which I doubt). But "www.example.com" could be a CNAME.

Since you cannot use any port you want, there is little point in doing this. If you try to move to another provider, the domain name won't change, but the port will.