Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.131.168
Sign in to follow this  
uldch

Run AirVPN as ProxyVM(debian 8) in Qubes

Hello,

i am trying to configure AirVPN as ProxyVM(debian 8) in Qubes. Therefore i run the AirVPN Eddie Client within my ProxyVM.

The connection to the AirVPN Server works fine but when i try to use the browser to enter a webpage, it doesn't work.

AppVms aren't able to connect through the airvpn proxyvm(netvm) to the internet neither

Does anyone has experience regarding setting up AirVPN in Qubes?

Thank you for your help

An easier method would be running it in the NetVM

I don't like to run AirVPN as NetVM because:

1. Credentials are not safe enough because of the direct connection to the dark outside world

2. I cannot chain an additional whonix gateway after my AirVpn Connection (VPN --> TOR --> Web)

I know this reference but unfortunatley from my point of view it is not documented properly.

Don't just copy paste the threat model wiki. There are no "credentials" in Air, just certificates that anyone can buy for a small fee.

The only risk of them being leaked, is that someone will maximize your 3 connections.

The idea Qubes meant concerns VPNs with real access passwords, like private/corporate setups. Public VPNs are not in this scope.

You can run Tor in the NetVM as well, with Eddie or without.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Don't just copy paste the threat model wiki

I just wanted to make my points clear.

So is it not possible to configure Eddie within a proxyvm so that appvms are able to use it as vpn?

It is possible and according to you, it even worked fine:

The connection to the AirVPN Server works fine but when i try to use the browser to enter a webpage, it doesn't work.

In order to setup the AppVM's traffic via the ProxyVM however, you will have to use Step #7 from the

wiki page I sent you.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

hm this was weird, with my old debian appvm it wasn't working, i just dumbed this vm in order to troubleshoot and actually the new fresh debian vm works. i have no idea why but ok .... thank you for your help!

hm this was weird, with my old debian appvm it wasn't working, i just dumbed this vm in order to troubleshoot and actually the new fresh debian vm works. i have no idea why but ok .... thank you for your help!

How are you finding network lock? And leaks?

I recomend running a leak test, if your not using network lock.

Maybe you setup some customer IP tables?

I would love to know what you did

https://airvpn.org/topic/20157-problem-with-network-lock-on-qube-os/?hl=qubes