Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.67.248

Any update on DNScrypt i am currently using it and it is difficult to decipher whether it is adds a layer to security or if it would be an any way harmful? also any update on whether AirVPN is considering a dedicated DNScrpyt DNS?

The benefit of DNSCrypt is more substantial when not connected to VPN.

When you are connected you have the option to use Air DNS servers, in which

case the DNS requests are also encrypted inside the tunnel and not logged by your ISP.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thanks, I don't see the Airvpn DNS as an option via DNScrypt, I am as yet no sure as to whether I am aiding or hurting security by DNScrypt along with VPN, Am i correct in thinking that DNS requests are encrypted when connect just through AirVPN and when connected to both?

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but, reading zhang's reply to you above, it appears that dnscrypt won't harm if you use it with Airvpn but it is of far more use when not using vpn. And  If you're using Air's DNS servers then your dns requests are already encrypted while using the vpn.

great thanks that makes sense, maybe it's a better a question of whether DNScrypt would add as fall back in the event of a DNS leak?

All AirVPN servers work as a DNS server as well as VPN, when you are connected to AirVPN it sets your DNS to 10.X.0.1 which is the servers internal IP address meaning any DNS requests done through your computer is sent to that local address which can only be contacted through the VPN for obvious reasons therefore it can't leak, however if DNS is not set or something interferes it can end up leaking and your DNS requests can't be guaranteed safe, which is why the network lock is useful it prevents contact from other IPs that doesn't belong to AirVPN(VPN on router is quite useful too). I don't see DNScrypt being of any extra use while on VPN infact I only see it as problematic