Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.189.104
Sign in to follow this  
sckirklan

question with haproxy through airvpn

I use haproxy to ssl'ify some things I have running inside my network and have found that when I setup a port forwarding rule with airvpn the connection just times out.

I'm not near the point of begging from smart people yet but was just wondering if anyone else happens to use haproxy to redirect https requests to a http server.

Thanks!

It turns out the problem I was having with not being able to directly access the service via the public dns record.  I've since learned, through trial and error, that, perhaps just due to my router, I cannot access anything port forwarded via AirVPN whilst on the same connection.  It dawned on me to try with my cell phone and everything worked as intended from the outside, something I used to deal with using split horizon dns with opnsense due to nat reflection I think.  I've got a freenas box setup I like to screw around with and the use of haproxy makes managing the ssl cert much easier on one instance when i create and destroy jails way too often!

Short answer I, yes trying to access on the internal network on the same vpn connection managed by the latest stable merlin.

Thanks for the reply, I'd have posted sooner or tried to edit my post but wasn't sure how with the first post pending approval thing!