Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.141.42
Sign in to follow this  
CosaNostra

Bridging OpenVPN connection to eth1

Hello guys,

I have been trying to bridge my OpenVPN TAP interface to my second NIC (eth1) but i cant get it to work.

I have been able to bridge from eth0 (internet cable/On-board NIC) to eth1 (second NIC) and it went through successfully.

The .ovpn-file that i downloaded from the client area here on airvpn have these commands:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote se.vpn.airdns.org 443
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
remote-cert-tls server
cipher AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo no
route-delay 5
verb 3
explicit-exit-notify 5

I'm using linux mint and when i run the .ovpn file from terminal with tun-interface i connects successfully to airvpn without problems but as you know i cant use tun-interfaces in bridges so i tried to change (dev tun) to (dev tap) and tried (dev tap0) yoo but couldnt connect to airvpn at all.

In terminal when running the command (ifconfig) i see that the openvpn tap-interface sends packets but not receiving any. (see attachment)

my only problem is to get my Openvpn connection to work with tap-interface instead with tun-interface so i can bridge it to eth1 and my problem is solved.

Am I missing something on the .ovpn-file other than chaning (dev tun) to (dev tap)?

I tried googling but with no results.

Thanks in advance!