Not connected, Your IP: 3.136.154.103
diomarcus

OpenVPN (Tomato) - Can I Add two different server addresses

I'm not too experienced with the whole openVPN via Firmware side of things so Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm not too experienced with the whole openVPN via Firmware side of things so Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It'd likely be possible but require a lot of specific settings and you'd also have to set which IP/Domain you'd want routed when queried. But on another note before someone *can* answer your question what you mean firmware? Firmware is what used to handle USB and Ethernet ports while software is what talks with the firmware and does the more advanced things such as accepting the traffic and giving it to your system or if a USB stick opening it and sending data to and from it.

Thanks!

It'd likely be possible but require a lot of specific settings and you'd also have to set which IP/Domain you'd want routed when queried. But on another note before someone *can* answer your question what you mean firmware? Firmware is what used to handle USB and Ethernet ports while software is what talks with the firmware and does the more advanced things such as accepting the traffic and giving it to your system or if a USB stick opening it and sending data to and from it.

If it's too much hassle I might just have to leave it alone and only use one set of Servers E;G Netherlands, to make things more clear i wanted to add a setting so everytime i turned on/reset the router my IP would change to another IP each time as in switching between 2 different servers. Perhaps one time a Netherlands IP then a British IP something along those lines. By Not very experienced via Firmware (OpenVPN) i meant as in setting up the VPN via The router page.

Just put nl.airvpn.org in the hostname.

This will practically connect you to a different server each time without other configurations.

I understand that but i'm talking about two hostnames Thus switching between different servers E;G NL.airvpn.org + gb.airvpn.org.

You might want to use europe.airvpn.org to get completely different servers across Europe every time.

There are no ways to use specific openvpn configs in Tomato and DD-WRT.

Normally you could just specify two directives,

remote-random

remote nl.airvpn.org

remote gb.airvpn.org

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Zhang888 is right add this in Custom/additional config

remote-random

remote nl.airvpn.org

remote gb.airvpn.org

You might want to use europe.airvpn.org to get completely different servers across Europe every time.

There are no ways to use specific openvpn configs in Tomato and DD-WRT.

Normally you could just specify two directives,

remote-random

remote nl.airvpn.org

remote gb.airvpn.org

Zhang888 is right add this in Custom/additional config

remote-random

remote nl.airvpn.org

remote gb.airvpn.org

So in other words i can't do two host names? remote-random

remote nl.airvpn.org

remote gb.airvpn.org

Not on Tomato.

Oh ok thanks. I've tried putting europe.airvpn.org in the server address but it keeps coming up as my original Home IP any suggestions? I had put it on gb.airvpn.org before i switched it and that one was working fine but europe.airvpn.org doesn't seem to be working for me.

I Never used tomato but on ddwrt you can add

Remote-random

Gb.airvpn.org

And under Server adress nl.airvpn.org

He random connect on both Locations

Can you post tomato openvpn Settings Screenshot?

Remote-random

Gb.airvpn.org

The issue with Tomato and DD-WRT is that the openvpn settings can be only assigned by the GUI.

You don't have an option to set up any custom directives like the ones above.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Remote-random

Gb.airvpn.org

Remote-random

Gb.airvpn.org

The issue with Tomato and DD-WRT is that the openvpn settings can be only assigned by the GUI.

You don't have an option to set up any custom directives like the ones above.

Ok so as zhang mentioned my original idea wasn't accessable via Tomato i have just changed the server hostname to: europe.vpn.airdns.org thus giving me random Ips from all over Europe its a shame that tomato didn't add the feature of using several openVPN configs like the above custom directives.

Appreciate the help guys.

Well what i did to solve this:

i set up my config for i.e. server nr1. then run this config on my netgear with dd-wrt. make a backup from this config and name it as server nr1

then set up a new config i.e. for server nr 2, let it run to see if it works then also make a backup, call it server nr2.

if you want to change or need to change servers, then go to the administration tab on your dd-wrt router and upload the backup file for the server you need.

regards