Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.228.95
mwreemer

Does AirVPN block TomTom (navigation software) services?

Hi,

I use OpenVPN on my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 5.1.1). When connected to the internet through AirVPN, road services (services that provide traffic jams and speed cameras en route) of TomTom (navigation software) seem to be blocked. I opened a ticket at TomTom requesting assistance and they asked me to take this to 'my provider'. They asked for the following ports 'to be opened' by the provider for TomTom Services to work properly:

• Port 53, for DHCP connection
  • Port 80, Standard HTTP communication port
  • Port 443, Main HTTPS (required for logins, etc)
  • Port 3128 and 3129, (internal communication parts for the TomTom to communicate with the back-end)
  • Port 4000, The Web connector port (to communicate with the browser)

Does AirVPN block any of these ports? I searched in the forum for TomTom and did not find any topics related to this issue. Is AirVPN familiar with TomTom / navigation services to be blocked and does AirVPN have a resolution for this? If I could support this ticket with any additional information, please let me know. If logs are required, I would appreciate it to be explained how to retrieve such logs from the client.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Mickel

AirVPN tries to free you from any censorship-related blocks on the internet, and you ask if it's blocked here?

Port 3128 and 3129, (internal communication parts for the TomTom to communicate with the back-end)
Port 4000, The Web connector port (to communicate with the browser)

They seem to be internal only, all the other are of course open since you need 53 for DNS, 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS.

You could try other servers first.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

AirVPN tries to free you from any censorship-related blocks on the internet, and you ask if it's blocked here?

Right! I am not as experienced yet with VPN yet... trying to get there, though. The problem is that somewhere between TomTom and AirVPN something takes a left turn. I did start with TomTom to get some answers. Unfortunately if I don't ask here, there will not be a way to get TomTom moving. I opened this topic to find an answer as well as to have a place to point TomTom to, to show them that I tried here, as well. If others have more insight and may be even have experience with the combination TomTom road services and AirVPN, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so far for your help.

Right! I am not as experienced yet with VPN yet... trying to get there, though. The problem is that somewhere between TomTom and AirVPN something takes a left turn. I did start with TomTom to get some answers. Unfortunately if I don't ask here, there will not be a way to get TomTom moving. I opened this topic to find an answer as well as to have a place to point TomTom to, to show them that I tried here, as well. If others have more insight and may be even have experience with the combination TomTom road services and AirVPN, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so far for your help.

Fair enough.

Take into consideration that a VPN server is accessed by many others around here. It can mean that TomTom detects spam-like surges in requests in a short time frame and decides it's a DDoS attack, therefore blocking the server's IP out temporarily. So I suggested to try another server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.