Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.193.158
PsychoWolf

ANSWERED Port Forwarding through US servers

Hi,

I use a single port forward on my router (Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with Tomato installed). I've got the firewall configured appropriately, but port forwarding reports timed out from the web interface when I test the port if I am connected to a US server.

If I connect to a server in Canada, port forwarding seems to work just fine.

To test if my configuration was the problem, I put a virtual machine in the DMZ and installed your Windows client. It too, when connected to a US server, would not allow port forwarding to work.

Not sure what's happening, but it doesn't seem like it's a user configuration error.

I've got the firewall configured appropriately

it doesn't seem like it's a user configuration error

You will have to prove/document these statements. It is most likely that you are wrong.

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p udp -d 192.168.1.120 --dport 29411 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.120 --dport 29411 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 29411 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.120
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 29411 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.120

That's what I've added to IPTABLES.

When connected to servers outside the US, port forwarding works. When connected to servers inside the US, it doesn't.

If it was a config error on my end, I'd suspect that it would never work, regardless of which server I connect to.

Deluge status when connected to US:

krUTRxq.png

Deluge status when connected to CA server:

CjC4Osi.png

Air status when conencted to US Server:

LYVvyya.png

Air Status when connected to CA server:

WcrH5R6.png

Proof enough for you?

Delete the current and add a new random port. We had port forwarding issues in the past solved by a new port.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Delete the current and add a new random port. We had port forwarding issues in the past solved by a new port.

Tried that last night too. I'm on mobile now but I'll try again when I'm back near my router.

I am connected to Pavonis via pfsense and Internet is working great however for the last 2 day I have not been able to port forward anything. I have deleted and created different ports to no avail. I have also check the client to make sure a firewall wasn't on. As a last resort I put a port forward from clear net to the client on the VPN lan and this worked. However port forwarding via air is not. I have read almost all of the pfsense post on port forwarding and I cannot get it to work. I came across this post. I have not tried a Canadian server as i want to stay in the US

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I can't help you with that one. I've never used pfsense.

If you reconnect to a Canadian server does it start working? If so, removing the port and adding a new, different, port seemed to work for me.

If not, you may be better off creating a new thread as your question wouldn't be really related to mine anymore.

I really dont want to try the Canadian servers as my speed takes a big hit. I've started a new thread, but it comes to that might have to try it. 

All I meant was that if it works there and doesn't on US servers, it eliminates your configuration as the issue. Just a quick was to test it.

Best of luck.