Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.240.178
Sign in to follow this  
selbsmitleid

Exclude application from encapsulation?

Hi,

I am testing the 3 day evaluation and so far, everything looks great. I have a hypothetical question though.

Let's say that I use the same machine for downloading public domain content via torrents and I have Plex media server to view the public domain content remotely.

The default,, out of the box, setup seems to be sending the media streams through the VPN which I expect is working properly by design. Unfortunately, the VPN overhead may be causing some extra steps and the video will skip on the remote Plex player. Without Air VPN enabled, video playback is smooth and uninterrupted. 

Is it possible to have Air VPN "ignore" all traffic to and from the Plex app? I'm rather curious - this is not a "show-stopper", I can always split Plex media server off to a separate box... though, application isolation, on the same box, would be ideal.

THanks!

I would like to know the answer to this too.  It seems that certain apps like Netflix and Microsoft Office don't play nice with VPNs, so it'd be nice to exclude them.