Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.205.223

Hi all

I am rather new to the VPN stuff, and have been reading feverishly about it for the past several days. I have a few questions I'm hoping can get answered.

1) Using the iPhone I've noticed that the config generator is extremely easy to use. But, is there a way for the server to change automatically to the fastest server, rather than looking to see what server would be faster after the current connection becomes too slow?

2) Am I reading the "Status" wrong? When I look at the servers I can see the bigger blue bars, andI use the ones with 1000 Mbit/s. When I choose one with the larger blue bar the connection sometimes seems really slow, verified with performing a speed test.

3) I am able to connect with my home wifi no problem, but I am unable to connect with the VPN at my kids school and at my work. I thought I read a few times to use UDP Port 443 and it would work - this is not the case. Is there something else I should be using? When trying to connect, it just spins.

Many thanks in advance!

1) There is no automatic server switching and I for one would not want it; it would disconnect you lots, at any time at all no matter what you were doing. It would be very messy and simply a bad idea for lots of reasons I can't be bothered to type out.

2) Most of the servers are 1Gbit, the lesser number and the green bar indicate the bandwith being used. So the bigger the bar, the more data that server is moving and the harder it is working. So if you are after best performance you want the one with the lowest number and smallest bar. I've never noticed that much difference, I always go for the highest user to help hide my traffic for what its worth! The latency might be important to you especially for gaming when you need speedy responses - the lower the latency the faster the server can respond, usually governed by location but not always.

3) I avoid Wifi away from home, mainly because I find it useless without a VPN never mind with. I have no problem using mobile data using 'openvpn connect' but then that is with and for Android. I know zilch about i-anythings

Not ALL of the servers are 1gbit.  MOST of them are.  There's a handful that aren't.  Like the new Hong Kong one for example.