Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.171.180
Philiberti

Constant Disconnection & Restarting

Hi,

Just changed to Windows 10 and am having constant disconnection and restart making it impossible to use the client. I installed the Windows 10 version of Eddie 2.10 and at first everything was fine but  on the second day since Windows 10 the disconnect restart problem started. I looked at several forum post about this but most of it was too technical or advanced and went way over my head. I did try changing Protocols from Automatic to UDP Port 443 and TCP Port 443 which worked for one forum poster but not for me. I have forwarded port 60087 on TCP & UCP (again, I don't really know if this affects anything) and have attached a copy of the session log.

I hope someone can help me as this is driving me crazy!

AirVPN_20160109_143040.txt

Hi,

I uninstalled client then re-installed from the link provided above but am still having the same problem. Can anyone on the forum or in Admin suggest a solution?

Hi,

As an alternative I downloaded the latest version of OpenVPN then used the Config Generator and then used OpenVPN to connect to AirVPN server without the AirVPN client. Everything went well and there were no constant disconnections and restarts. Does this mean there is a problem with the AirVPN client?

It may mean there is a problem with the way that AirVPN client is installed on your system. Nobody else is openly reporting this problem. I suggest trying this: uninstall AirVPN client, re-download the installer package. Run installer package with administrator privileges.

Hi,

Tried uninstalling, re-downloading and clean install with Admin privileges and at first all was OK. Then I had to go out for a couple of hours, came back and the AirVPN icon was still showing connected. Within a few moments of starting to use the PC I had another disconnection (see session log). My DNS settings for normal connection are Obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically and Obtain an IP address automatically and use the following DNS server addresses - 10.4.0.1 preferred and 8.8.8.8 alternate for my VPN connection.

I will go back to using OpenVPN to connect to AirVPN servers as a work around but would much rather be able to use the AirVPN client. Please can anyone suggest my next course of action?

AirVPN_20160111_162045.txt

Try disabling some of the preferneces.  The same thing happened to me and I resolved by doing some disabling.  Do one at a time to properly troubleshoot the problem.  I hope this helps

Hi Dudaboss,

When you suggest disabling some preferences do you mean DNS preferences? I mis-posted my DNS settings for my main local area connection - both this and vpn connection read 10.4.0.1 (AirVPN) and 8.8.8.8 (Google) which I had to set up way back when I was running Windows 7 to solve DNS leaks.

Thanks to all of you who responded to my cry for help! In the end I opened a support ticket and the support staff identified the problem - apparently 'OpenVPN > All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use' was the cause of my misfortune (though I've no idea how it happened or if it was something I did).

The problem was solved in the same day by very swift, patient and understanding support staff - one of the reasons why AirVPN is the best

Thanks to all of you who responded to my cry for help! In the end I opened a support ticket and the support staff identified the problem - apparently 'OpenVPN > All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use' was the cause of my misfortune (though I've no idea how it happened or if it was something I did).

The problem was solved in the same day by very swift, patient and understanding support staff - one of the reasons why AirVPN is the best

Maybe you can put the solution that worked for you in this thread. That if someone searches for a similar problem he can read how you solved it.

Hi,

Sorry to take so long to reply but I've been testing to see if the problem reappears. So far so good - Eddie 2.10.3 ran for 23 hours plus without issue until I manually disconnected. Here's what I did:

Uninstalled TAP-Windows Adapter V9 by way of the Device Manager (in Windows 10)  Settings / System / typing 'Control Panel' in find a setting search field / Control Panel / typing 'Device Manager' in search control panel field / Network Adapters /  / right click TAP-Windows Adapter V9 / left click Uninstall

I then ran Eddie which re-installed the TAP Driver version 9.0.0.21 but this didn't solve the problem - Eddie disconnected after about 3 hours.

So I repeated the steps above and went to the OpenVPN site and downloaded and installed  openvpn-install-2.3.10  which installed TAP Driver 9.0.0.9. When I ran Eddie it updated the TAP Driver to 9.0.0.21 and I ran the client until I manually disconnected Eddie

This worked for me and I hope it does the same for others. I never had this problem under Windows 7 and I can only surmise that the upgrade to Windows 10 somehow created this error.

I feel like I should mention that if anyone is having problems with a specific TAP driver, you can always disable Eddie's function where it auto-updates the TAP driver and stick with the older driver.