Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.86.138
virentis

ANSWERED ipleak.net telling me i am Forwarded For ???

Hello everyone pretty stressed out now,i just gave airvpn a try,and everything is good except one thing when using ipleak.net i get the ip i use with airvpn but then i get this :

forwarded for:

Warning: it appears that you're using a proxy that reveals your real IP Address. If you can read below your IP address, your real IP address is leaked. Use a transparent proxy or a VPN service.

then it shows me a usa ip and i am from europe

please can any one help me out here ??

Does it actually show your real IP address anywhere? It sounds like the information you see is all wrong which is what you want Check values with AirVPN's 'Stats' page within Eddie (Air's client window).

The IP that AirVPN use is the exit IP address of the server you connect to - this is the IP you would expect to see in ipleak.

you right my real ip does not show up any where but why do ipleak telling me im forwarded from some other place? and everytime i refresh a new ip to be forwarded from and its red when it comes to airvpn exit node would like to have a transparent proxy so people dont see im using a vpn/proxy should that not be green ?

I've never come across tthis 'forwarded from' thing, mine always says from a transparent proxy, hopefully someone else knows about that!   The exit node will always be recognised as an AirVPN server just as a Tor exit node will be seen as Tor.

are you using SecretAgent browser extension by any chance? may not be related but...

same thing was happening to me then realised the SecretAgent extension i have installed for FireFox has a settings called 'proxy headers' basically it can send fake HTTP-X-Forwarded-For headers. If you have the extension installed or any other browser extension that can send fake headers check it's not those.

I am.

Correction: I WAS - I don't appear to have it added in my Linux FF as yet. A few others are though including CanvasBlocker, uBlock Origin, Ghostery, among others.