Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.115.179
valliantjs

Help PLEASE!! Cant/Don't Understand the TOR/AIRVPN Process

Hi.

I use AIRVPN and TOR browser.

Normally i start TOR browser, once connected i then start up AIRVPN and thats all good.

I am trying to work out how i get TOR to go through AIRVPN?. Yes i have read the connecting to TOR page many many times, but i simply don't understand the process.

I have used the search feature in this forum, but when i search for 'tor' or 'tor setup' i get no search results, even though i have found TOR related posts.

Can someone please help?

Emily

Its very easy to do.  In fact I am doing it now.  Just start your OS and connect to Air.  There are many facts and configurations to be considered (Linux vs Windows, etc...) but those are the subject of another thread.  For now we will say you have booted your OS and are connected to Air.  If you want you can put TBB (TOR browser bundle) on your desktop and then start TBB directly from the desktop.  When TOR mounts you will have a bundled browser with all sorts of pre-configured safety improvements over normal FireFox.  The activites you perform while browsing with the bundle tend to stay in the bundle package.  Its really that simple as a basic how to.

In reality there are many choices to make such as virtual machines to keep your online workspace outside of the host OS, which provides substantial extra security for you.  Again, lots to learn and it really is another thread.

You are already doing what you require anyway - when you initiate AirVPN all your internet traffic will be routed through it once the connection to an Air server is established, including any connections made using the Tor Browser unless I am very much mistaken.