Not connected, Your IP: 35.173.233.176

I am trying to connect to an AirVPN server (any server) and yet it tries to authenticate and it keeps dropping the connection, saying, "dropping...restart in 3...2...1."  It won't connect.  I am switching from ExpressVPN to AirVPN.  Could they be conflicting with each other even though I'm only connecting with AirVPN (or not connecting, depending on how you look at it.

I have attached two screenshots of what I see.  It won't stop doing this.  I can't connect to any server.  My credentials are correct, otherwise it wouldn't try to connect to a server.  Why won't it connect?

I apologize for the two different types of questions, but the most important one is the screenshots showing I cannot connect.  Anyone else having this issue?

I get this sometimes when I just put my laptop in hibernation mode or something instead of shutting down.

"Fix" for me: restart computer

Had the same problem. The restart computer was always a temporary solution.

After restart, it would connect. But if later i disconnected it manually, i could not reconnect and i would be in the same position you are describing.

It was so annoying! Making it useless to use the service that way.

"Fix" for me: restart computer

After some research i checked some things and changed some options.

For example under Airvpn - Preferences - Protocols - it is set to Automatic, here i tried all of them. Currently on SSH Port 53 (the only one that works for torrenting without continuous disconnections).

Then Airvpn - Preferences - Advanced - i disabled "check if the tunnel works".

Also try disabling ipv6. I cannot find the thread now, but you can do a search on this forum.

Under your pc Control Panel - Network and sharing center - Change adapter settings - here under both your Local area connection and your wireless network connection (if you have one) right click - Properties - Uncheck Ipv6, click Ipv4 and then Properties - make sure that "obtain Dns server automatically" is selected.

A combination of these worked for me. Hope they work for you too.

I've been having problems the last couple days or so.  Won't connect to my preferred server so then connects to another.  Then I'll try to join a different server, it will join but then drop out after a bit and connect to a different server.  

If I have network lock on am I 100% protected when the server drops out??!!

Has something changed with some AirVPN servers?

I've been having problems the last couple days or so.  Won't connect to my preferred server so then connects to another.  Then I'll try to join a different server, it will join but then drop out after a bit and connect to a different server.  

If I have network lock on am I 100% protected when the server drops out??!!

Has something changed with some AirVPN servers?

I had similar issues when the AirVPN client was set to use "Automatic" protocol.  I set it to use "Protocol TCP, port 443" and it improved a bit.  Now I use "SSL Tunnel" - Port 443 and haven't had any problems since.

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried that along with a few other things, speed stays at about 50% for me, torrents are now a bit hopeless as my net isn't great in the first place.  Funnily enough I put my friend onto AirVpn and his connection was good straight up, no changing anything.  We're both on macs.

In addition to protocol issues, I would get this when one of the checks (route or DNS) failed.

When running normally it usually looks like this in the logs:

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Flushing DNS

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Checking route

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Checking DNS

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Connected

If I am unable to connect (restarting), I check the logs. If it looks considerably different than the above, I remove the checks to see if I can get connected.

If so, I look at other things like what network am I on / what protocol I am using, what is running on my machine (or VM), etc.

The last time it happened, it was malwarebytes stepping on the route check. I added a few exceptions to resolve that.

If I have an issue connecting with a protocol it sometimes looks like (inactivity) this in the logs:

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - OpenVPN > [uNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-exit), exiting

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - OpenVPN > SIGTERM[soft,exit-with-notification] received, process exiting!

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Disconnecting.

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Connection terminated.

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Cancel requested.

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - IPv6 restored.

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - DHCP of a network adapter restored to original settings (my_adapter_name)!

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Session terminated.

yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss - Session starting.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I noticed that the connection to the VPN is still up (trusting the airvpn.org website in telling me). The client gets unresponsive on OSx and/or keeps trying to reconnect to a server (which it's obviously unable to do so when it is still connected) which results in a continues process of reconnect/disconnect. 

Reboot is the only thing which seems to work (as this would kill the VPN connection which seemingly still active). I will try the proposed solutions and see if this would work.  

Same issue - have tried all of the above suggestions, but it always gets stuck in a connecting/disconnecting cycle even if I'm trying to connect to the same server I just disconnected from.

Only fix for me is restart.

I am new to AirVPN and have the same problem with the client,always connecting and reconnecting.Any help on this issue?I am using windows 7

Temporarily turn off malwarebytes if you have it

Guest lopzor

I am running windows 7 and recently ran into the same problem. I realized it was because I had locked my computer - I restarted and re-ran the app and everything is back to normal.