Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.86.155
Sign in to follow this  
Syli

Some Ip Checker websites show my real IP, some not

Hi there,

If i log into my AirVPN I connect just fine, but if i check on this web page iam not connected, and it shows my IPv6 Real Adress, same with https://www.whatismyip.com/ but https://ipleak.net/ shows only my VPN Exit and the IPv4 IP Adress of the AirVPN server!

I tried to reinstall AirVPN as well as Uninstalling the tunnel Divers, the IPv6 Option in AirVPN is disabled

Until now i didnt had that problem, so for now i stay away from using AirVPN.

I hope someone will get me the right hint!

could be  "DNS leaks"?

In this context, with "DNS leak" we mean an unencrypted DNS query sent by your system OUTSIDE the established VPN tunnel.

In brief: Windows lacks the concept of global DNS. Each network interface can have its own DNS. Under various circumstances, the system process svchost.exe will send out DNS queries without respecting the routing table and the default gateway of the VPN tunnel, causing the leak.

Should I be worried for a DNS leak?If you don't want that your ISP, and anybody with the ability to monitor your line, knows the names your system tries to resolve (so the web sites you visit etc.) you must prevent your system to leak DNS. If you feel that you're living in a human rights hostile country, or in any way the above mentioned knowledge may harm you, you should act immediately to stop DNS leaks.

What is a "WebRTC leaks"?

WebRTC implement STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address. To disable it:

• Mozilla Firefox: Type "about:config” in the address bar. Scroll down to “media.peerconnection.enabled”, double click to set it to false.
  • Google Chrome: Install Google official extension WebRTC Network Limiter.

I had the same problem with another provider what I did was disable IP6 in the protocols in your network adapter.

I got it to work with enableing network lock on AirVPN, i will try out disabling IPv6  aswell.

thanks for the hint gintaeton

seems like disabling IPv6 on my normal Network Controler does the trick aswell!

great help here!