Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.60.58
Hades666

Using router and client helpful or not ?

Hiya,

If you use airvpn on your router and the client on your pc and connect them both to different service in different regions, does that provide and extra layer of security (even tho it's one company)?

Thanks!

If you connect to different servers in different regions that are from different providers, then yes you get another layer of security in the small case that one server is compromised.

I'm getting around 35 mbit with airvpn (2 different servers) one located in germany otherone in holland. And it's an actual subscription for cyberghost (prepaid for a year wanted to test it but found out that airvpn is way better). I'll test it with cyber when i'm at home

edit:

Tested it and with airvpn on the router connect to a server in the netherlands and with cyberghost on my pc (with the client) i'm getting a ping of 15 and 40mbit down and 40mbit up it's a lose of around 4mbit

@Korumera: Which Router do you use? I have an RT-AC87U and hardly get 10 mbit down. It is an dual core router but thats a bit slow I think.

Even if both/3 servers are AIR's you would still gain a significant advantage, assuming all is setup correctly of course.  I like to portray the example of a bicycle wheel and its "spokes".  Each server represents the center of the wheel, while each user can represent individual spokes entering and leaving the center/server.  If you string/chain 2 or 3 wheels together it becomes much more difficult to track your direction from the outside of the network.  Remember we are competing against adversaries that do NOT have access to the inside (hopefully anyway) of our network connection.  If you don't understand why multi-hops provide cloak then its time for some reading.  Sure in a perfect world all servers would be trusted unique providers, but absent that, 2/3 "wheels" is MUCH better than one!!

@Korumera: Which Router do you use? I have an RT-AC87U and hardly get 10 mbit down. It is an dual core router but thats a bit slow I think.

Hiya,

I'm using the same router with the latest firmware from merlin (you should use client one because the other clients won't use the dualcore hence to slow speeds).

Even if both/3 servers are AIR's you would still gain a significant advantage, assuming all is setup correctly of course.  I like to portray the example of a bicycle wheel and its "spokes".  Each server represents the center of the wheel, while each user can represent individual spokes entering and leaving the center/server.  If you string/chain 2 or 3 wheels together it becomes much more difficult to track your direction from the outside of the network.  Remember we are competing against adversaries that do NOT have access to the inside (hopefully anyway) of our network connection.  If you don't understand why multi-hops provide cloak then its time for some reading.  Sure in a perfect world all servers would be trusted unique providers, but absent that, 2/3 "wheels" is MUCH better than one!!

I do understand why multi hops provide cloak just wondering if it really is helpfull to do but i figured allready that it is so i've set it up with 2 airvpn servers i like airvpn over cyberghost so

Could even use a virtual machine, so that's 1 server, then the pc it runs on  is the second server and then the router is the 3rd layer but 2 is okay for now hehe.

edit:

Okay got it work like it should but just noticed that when connecting to Merga it showed my real ip in the Client Area instead of the ip from the first VPN connecting to a diffferent server and it shows the fake ip from VPN 1 dont know what happens but've blacklisted that server plenty to choose from