Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.228.35
eyes878

Port Forwarding with "Network Lock" enabled

How do I do it?

The machine I need to achieve this on is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I am using the AirVPN client "Eddie"

I can successfully port forward, but when network lock is enabled, the service is not accessible.

How can I set things up so that I can have network lock enabled and forward the port?

Simply not forwarding the port in my router is not a solution as other data can still leak.

Thank you in advance.

I can achieve it using Soulseek; all I do is set up two adjacent ports and assign one of them as the listening one. Run SSeek and tell it the lowest number as in 1111 1112. Do it while lock is enabled is all I can think

I will test that next time I am at the machine. If anybody has any other or any better solutions, please tell me. Using another program doesn't seem like the cleanest way.

EDIT: I was able to remote desktop to the machine, but how am I supposed to set up Soulseek to use it for what I want? I am not looking for a way to share files and can't find any options in there like you said.

EDIT 2: I think I've been very stupid and misunderstood your answer. What you meant is that you successfully got the port forwarding through firewall working while using Soulseek. My bad...

This may seem like an obvious point, but have you made sure the network-locked firewall has an entry for the program you're trying to use port forwarding with?

EDIT 2: I think I've been very stupid and misunderstood your answer. What you meant is that you successfully got the port forwarding through firewall working while using Soulseek. My bad...

No its more that i didn't explain it very well but yes that is what I meant

This may seem like an obvious point, but have you made sure the network-locked firewall has an entry for the program you're trying to use port forwarding with?

I tried adding an entry for the program and the port, that didn't work. But regardless, isn't the firewall supposed to NOT let the program through or else if the connection drops, the program will freely transfer data through my ISP? Or am I having another stupid moment?