Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.183.89
Sign in to follow this  
Getor

Unable to enable network lock ("Backup of current rules failed.")

Using AirVPN-client on Windows 7, and when ever I try to enable Network Lock I get the error message: "Backup of current rules failed". So far I've only tried to my reset my Windows Firewall back to default, but nothing changed. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Do you use Eset NOD 32-Smart Security? If yes, downgrade it to conventional Eset NOD 32

Do you use Eset NOD 32-Smart Security? If yes, downgrade it to conventional Eset NOD 32

I don't have an antivirus program installed right now, but I know Symantec was installed at some point.

might be it's worth installing trial NOD32 version, checking for virus and other malware and only after confirming clearness move on further.
For Windows a bunch of malware disrupts Windows Firewall settings and the reason of failure might lie in this realm, without any connection to AirVPN.

I fixed the problem by adding "%windir%/system32" to my PATH system variable, which had been causing me problems for quite some time.