Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.175.180
Sign in to follow this  
harold.lewis

BrowserSPY IP & Geolocation

Arch based distro, x86_64, Eddie Portable,

In BrowserSPY the IP is the AirVPN connection IP but the map appearing on the right shows a city near my place, is in different country in regard to AirVPN server

ipV6 is disabled the Arch Wiki way, ipleak.net shows the right server ip but is showing the server location map, not the map of my country and closest city

I'm wondering if this is normal or if I'm revealing some how my location by browser (Firefox) with webrtc diabled, English language instead of my language, Add-ons for privacy + VDHelper, Forecastfox and YTmp3

please forgive any mistake in my English...

If you're using Firefox or a derivative:

1. Go to about:config in a new tab.

2. type "geo.enabled" in the top bar.

3. Double click the only result (geo.enabled) to change it to disabled.

4. Close the tab.

This will disable HTML5 geolocation and will disallow websites to find your location using this method.

@ eyes878

I forgot to mention that geo.enabled is already set to false, the map is the IP Based Map, Geolocation Based Map is empty

@Zaroad

the Get Location  button is not appearing in Geolocation Detection after disabling geo.enabled in the ipleak.net page

anyway interesting link, in fact I don't have wifi enabled on my machines neither I use wifi at home, my old modem-router is without wifi, I use Powerline but one of my neighbor has a wifi modem, 30 meters from my home...

after long time of settings change, ipv6 enable or disable, automatic o manual settings, it seems that the problem is related to Netherlands servers not to my system or browser

today I was connecting to Canada and Sweden servers and on BrowserSpy the Location Based on IP address ip is not any more displayed, I mean it's not showing the city near by my location, in my country instead of Netherlands

I will try to not use Netherlands servers for the moment and see if the situation keep unchanged