Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.236.219

Hello. I am brand new to using mono. Been using Arch Linux a long time though. I installed the package from the aur and was wondering if there is any way to increase the font size? I am having a hard time reading it (my eyes aren't what they used to be). Does this require the program be recompiled? I don't mind hacking on it to get the desired outcome but I definitely need some help with that. While we are on that subject is there any way to theme this application differently. I did a search for fonts on this forum and didn't see any similar topics. When searching online I did not find anything mono theme related besides gtk themes with mono in the name hahaha. Thanks for reading. 

The simplest thing to do would be just raise your desktop dpi.

Its not really a solution but I'm in the same boat. Large screen, tiny font and squinting nonstop. Ended up just jacking up the dpi for everything.

With so many environments, resolutions and monitor setups a client font size adjustment would probably be a good idea.

Hey rickjames I failed to follow the topic so I didn't know anyone replied! I'm definitely not going to jack the dpi up no way. I guess mono is similar syntax to c#? I don't know that either however. I did a grep on some of the files from the github source code and found some font references in the OSX UI folders but not much in linuxui folders. However I tried to compile with monodevelop but couldn't figure that out either. I searched some of the mono man pages for font related stuff but not much luck there either :/ 

If you come up with anything let me know!

I'm at 1440p on a 28" and sit  a meter or more away from the main screen, raising the dpi or buying dual telescopes were my only options, I went with dpi lol

+1 for a font size adjustment via the client advanced settings.

Or even a global gui scaling option, scale the whole thing larger/smaller.

I'm sure if you keep searching there's options available via compile. But a setting in the gui would probably be a bonus for many users.

This

+1

I'm at 1440p on a 28" and sit  a meter or more away from the main screen, raising the dpi or buying dual telescopes were my only options, I went with dpi lol

I'm sure if you keep searching there's options available via compile. But a setting in the gui would probably be a bonus for many users.

+1 here too. I'm on 1920x1200 & not being able to adjust the font makes it very difficult for my eyes too. Hopefully the dev' team will get around to solving this one for us.

Eddie is otherwise awesome!