Not connected, Your IP: 52.15.231.106
Sign in to follow this  
ChoJin

No latencies

Hello,

for the last 2-3 days, my airvpn's client is not able to display/retrieve the latency tests, hence if I let it choose the server, it chooses poorly.

It started after I updated my airvpn client from 2.9 to 2.10.3 but that might be a coincidence.

I've tried with 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10.3 and I'm having the same result. I tried to disable the network lock as well, no dice either.

It has always been working before (it had happened like once or twice, but always got resolved by itself within an hour. But not this time)

I'm running on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

I don't see anything special in the log,

sometimes I have some

Unable to retrieve systems & servers data. Continue anyway with the old data.
messages, but following messages are ok
Systems & servers data update completed

so dunno...

Any clue?

Just taking a long shot here.  Any chance that under advanced - general - "you have unticked the enable pinger/latency test"?

under network lock is allow ping "ticked" as well?  Its worth checking these out in case you made a simple mistake.

ps ------  these are settings on my linux eddie client so I don't know if they are the same on OSX.

I've the same problem, but only in Windows (10, if it does make any matter), while in GNU/Linux all works like a charm. Did you manage to solve somehow?

Ok, I solved the problem and I think my experience can maybe be of any help to someone else, so I'll share. In my case, simply, it was all due to my firewall rules: analysing the log files and the traffic on the network, I noticed a lot of ICMP (=ping) requests by the process "NT System and Kernel". I allowed it and instantly latencies appeared in AirVPN.