Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.60.192

Usenet download hangs

I have been an AirVPN user for some time now using it successfully.

I use SABnzbd to connect to Usenet via SuperNews (non-SSL, port 119). Recently when download jobs queue up on the downloader, it hangs with 0% down. When I disconnect from AirVPN, the locked, queued jobs take off and complete successfully.

What might be wrong or what might have changed? I know I have not upgraded the downloader nor its configuration.

I don't have a solution but wish to piggyback on your post as the same thing is happening to me. I too have a Supernews account and only recently has this started happening to me. Anyone with sound advice or solution please post. Thank you.

Resman75, I asked SuperNews about this. They responded:

Sep 2, 16:05
Hello,
We apologize for the confusion. As stated in our Acceptable Use Policy you signed when you created your account:
Supernews accounts are for individual use only. Any non-individual use, or any use that is indistinguishable from non-individual use, is prohibited. For example, the following uses are prohibited:
Sharing a login between people
Simultaneous logins from multiple IP addresses
Connecting from a proxy of any kind
Using DNEWS, NetCache, or any other multi-access caching system
Excessive download volume
Connecting to our service while connected to a VPN violates our Acceptable Use Policy. As which we will not be able to assist you with any issues you have that actively violates our policies.
If you have further questions please reply to this email! Thanks again.
Regards,

So they don't allow VPN usage. This seemed strange to me because I've used their service for two years with no interference. When I told them this, they did not respond. So I moved to another provider which does allow VPN usage. And as a bonus, the download speed is greater through the same VPN vendor with the new provider than with SuperNews!

Larlap if you don't mind who is the new provider you've decided to switch to. My service commitment ends next month and am now actively trying to find a replacement. I'm highly considering Tweaknews and or Astraweb as my top candidates. It is absolutely strange that all of a sudden they prevent connections filtering through a VPN service. I've had my account with them for over 3 years and never had any issues like this. I guess NSA and the like finally got to them as everything is inherently now being monitored. 

Newshosting