Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.67.248

Hi,

Thought of giving a genreral feedback on the trial

First of all, thank you for the free trial. I do use a commercial VPN and that is the reference point I shall use for this trial

1. Ease of USE : Great in Windows. AirVPN uses standard openVPN client and there is no isse. The windows client was superb with aall features neat.

On Android, using aa standard client, setup was fine and worked well. A common use I have is for PPTP..I know it is not secure, but on an android client, opening a VOIP port is best with PPTP as the battery load is much lower.... I understand AiVPN does not support...or did i miss something?

Also PPTP is a quick/easy way on many devices ..especiaally if you dont have admin access , but need a quick VPN for a min usage.

On Android, an app having the functionalities of the Windows client would be welcome.

Dont know aabout iOS. I happily dont pay apple taxx and happy not to own them :-)

I guess routers sshould be easyif having custom firmware with openvpn, but as i mentioned PPTP // Variants would be welcome for situations otherwise.

2. Speed : Comparable / better. Depending on the time / server etc, but was defenitely not bad. I compared the other best provider, so haappy

3. Commercials : Policy of free trial is great.. I am sure I will recomend to any one who askes to surely try atleast once and buy if liked.

On pricing, its a bit pricier...but then, I understand the costs and hope that you will consider that atleast longer plans have better discounts.

4. No of users : Policy of 3 is average. Looking at my usage, my current provider allows 5. I used 4 max.. 2 always, 3rd almost always and 4 occcationally and happy to know i have a 5th spare... I would be happy if its raised to 5

Thanks once more. You would be on the top of my list when my current subscription ends and I need to renew.

Regards

I would also love to have 5 users but it may not be viable for Air to include this.

The reason PPTP is not available is because it is insecure and easily cracked/decrypted.

Yes. As I mentioned, its just my view of utility. I dont use 5 even though I have now and most of the time its 2-3 users.

On PPTP, I did not mention atht the objective is security. One of the reasons I use a VPN is on my mobile as the carrier 'disturbs' ttraditional VOIP ports for their own reasons (officially not though). PPTP is allowed and PPT gives me a low-overhead way of opening that port. OpenVPN seems to dran my battery more (Maybe its natural considering the keepopen and the encrytion/decryption..) Its a shame to get another VPN just for this.

As I mentioned, not a deal breaker but one of the '-' among the other '+'

I would also love to have 5 users but it may not be viable for Air to include this.

The reason PPTP is not available is because it is insecure and easily cracked/decrypted.

Yeah I've brought this up myself before now. They understandably want to keep a quality of service, but in 99% of cases is it really going to introduce more load? I mean if I'm not at my PC or laptop then I'm on my phone. I'm not necessarily downloading on all channels at once, but it just isn't practical to go home and disconnect my devices to be able to connect from a mobile device, etc etc. I'm not sure what extra load you'd really see because we can already have 3. A heavy user will likely already have Air set up on a pfSense box or similar, so it's not really the number of connections that increases serverside load. I could in theory drop my home WAN back to pfSense, ClearOS or similar and free up two connections to use on the go. The load on Air hasn't changed, only the number of connections it sees.

Those are good points and apply to many of us.  Unfortuantely there are some that would buy a "group" membership and now we have FIVE distinct users all pulling tons of stuff through the system and only paying 1/5 of what is actually due; being "stolen" in effect.  As a business manager I see both sides of this, and there are points to be made both ways.  For me personally, three is enough and in fact more than I ever use at the same time.

i believe you guys have forgotten to consider one thing regarding additional connections.

each separate client connection to a vpn server might increase server load (im not thinking of network transfer) because each client connection might require more work to encrypt and process compared to if only one connection was made thus making each additional client connection more burdensome even if this doesn't mean any increased network transfer