Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.42.196

My girlfriend is trying to figure out AirVPN on her Mac (Yosemite).  She has tried installing both the tar.gz and the .pkg and it just looks like this:  

HQK6Xxa.png

This looks nothing like the Windows version so I can't help her out on where to go from here to login.

What version of Yosemite is she on?

I'm on 10.10.4 and it looks like this:

attachicon.gif8_8_15_9_26_pm.png

Simple really... The OP took a screenshot of the AirVPN menu (top left of the Mac menu bar). You took a screenshot (appropriately) of the tray icon menu, which the OP seems to have missed! 

Hotblock: Look near the clock on the top right. Somewhere in that line of icons you will see the AirVPN icon -

ScreenShot2015-08-09at20.17.03.png

Mine happens to be on the very left (the globe with the cloud inside and the green line underneath). The position will vary each time depending on the order all your applications opened that particular day. Click this AirVPN icon, choose 'Show main window' and you will have the same GUI as you see under Windows. If that doesn't work, then it means the window is already open, in which case click the AirVPN icon in the dock (the blue circle with a cloud in it).

Once you have the main window open, go into the preferences. You can do that by hitting CMD + , or going to AirVPN (top left of the screen) > Preferences (the menu you posted a screen shot of), or by clicking the tray icon I showed just now, and choosing (again) Preferences. Once you have them showing, choose 'Start visible' on the right side under 'Apple OS X Only', like this:

ScreenShot2015-08-09at20.19.19.png

In future the app will always open just like on Windows. Enjoy.