Not connected, Your IP: 3.95.233.107
jldus

ANSWERED Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Just in case anyone else is willing to try out the newest OS X Beta. The AirVPN Client Software is not starting at all here. Not the stable and not the experimental version!!

If someone get this to work please let me know.

Thanks

Viscosity also works but it won´t reconnect when you get a new IP from your provider. That´s the nice thing about the Airvpn client. It does that pretty good.

I´m not an expert but Apple announced that there is a problem with some 32bit apps not starting at all. It will be fixed soon. Maybe that is the solution here.

The El Capitan Beta just came out so be patient. I'm sure the Eddie development team will get working on a compatible version as soon as they can.

Another request for El Capitan support for Eddie. 

When I attempt to launch AirVPN under El Capitan it becomes a CPU hog, bounces on the Task Bar but doesn't properly launch.

Since OS X 10.11 El Capitan has now been officially released by Apple: is there a stable, official Eddie release with El Capitan support in the pipeline anytime soon?

Updated Yosemite to El Capitan this morning and EDDIE works like a charm!

No prop. at all.

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

Updated Yosemite to El Capitan this morning and EDDIE works like a charm! No prop. at all.

Great! I am planning to update OS X to El Capitan this weekend, so I wanted to make sure beforehand.

Great! I am planning to update OS X to El Capitan this weekend, so I wanted to make sure beforehand.

If you mean by OS X, Yosemite, then you will encounter not many problems.

I can only advise that when you have thirt party software oon your mac, update as much as you can beforehand. And especially Back up, you never know!

I had some problems with cDock, didn't worked . Recovery restart, disabled system integrity protection (csrutil disable) in el capitan.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2986118/security/how-to-modify-system-integrity-protection-in-el-capitan.html

Restarded , cDock worked. Changed the settings in cDock what i liked. Again a recovery restard, enabled SIP (csrutil enable) restart and it works fine now.

I wish you the best for this week-end!!!!

I'm glad I did it!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

Viscosity also works but it won´t reconnect when you get a new IP from your provider. That´s the nice thing about the Airvpn client. It does that pretty good.

I´m not an expert but Apple announced that there is a problem with some 32bit apps not starting at all. It will be fixed soon. Maybe that is the solution here.

I don't recommend Viscosity.  

When the VPN Server connection is dropped and not immediately reconnected,  Viscosity leaves your IP Address completely exposed.

You can't simply leave it on overnight unattended.

TunnelBlick allows you to run a script that exits all active apps connected to the internet.  

AirVPN Client does this better in locking the network to minimize exposure of your IP address.

I actually used Viscosity now for about 6 months and just switched to Eddie recently. While I think Viscosity is a good software, I found the AirVPN client more flexible, more intuitive and more robust - I will stay with the Eddie client now and not go back to Viscosity. You recognize after a while that it's really built specifically for the AirVPN service, while Viscosity is obviously not. 

I like the Eddie GUI, everything works perfectly on Apple OS X for me. Plus, creating a SSL tunnel with one click and not using a terminal for that, is super cool! Viscosity is a very good, general OpenVPN client for Mac - but IMO Eddie is the better client specifically for AirVPN.

I don't recommend Viscosity.  

When the VPN Server connection is dropped and not immediately reconnected,  Viscosity leaves your IP Address completely exposed.

You can't simply leave it on overnight unattended.

TunnelBlick allows you to run a script that exits all active apps connected to the internet.  

AirVPN Client does this better in locking the network to minimize exposure of your IP address.

Actually Viscosity allows you to run scripts that do close all specified apps if the VPN connection drops. I actually have a thread on AirVPN on where to get the script and the directions to implement it. 

I am a VPN user since 2010 and the first year was Tunnelblick my app. In 2011 I purchased Viscosity and I was satisfied of this app.

Regarding the comment by jameskatt ...

<<<<When the VPN Server connection is dropped and not immediately reconnected,  Viscosity leaves your IP Address completely exposed.

You can't simply leave it on overnight unattended.>>>>

This is not 100% true and has a script thread on this forum from S.O.A.

I used those scrips for a long time as well.

I have bought myself Little Snitch and with that app you can secure your VPN connection even better.

Found on internet and for Viscosity/Little Snich users hereby in attachment.

But my experience with AIRVPN is the same off spinmaster and to say it with his words:

I like the Eddie GUI, everything works perfectly on Apple OS X for me. Plus, creating a SSL tunnel with one click and not using a terminal for that, is super cool! Viscosity is a very good, general OpenVPN client for Mac - but IMO Eddie is the better client specifically for AirVPN. Simpli a super app!

And..... with Viscosity and Tunnelblick my vpn connections are mutch slower!

How to Secure Your VPN with Little Snitch — Tech Talk — Medium.pdf

John Lennon
George Orwell