Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.228.88
Sign in to follow this  
BreathingAir

ANSWERED Missing Network adapters in IPCONFIG after crash

Hello,

I am a Windows 7 user.

My AirVPN Eddie client got stuck on 'disconnecting', the message on the log was something like 'Sending SIGTERM'.

The client wouldn't let me exit and so I had to close in task manager.

After restarting my computer, the DNS server was still AirVPN's DNS, but I fixed this using command to renew the DNS:

netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" dhcp

When re-launching AirVPN Eddie, it said 'unexpected crash' in the log and that it had restored the settings with the 2 local area connections.

However, my issue is that previously in ipconfig /all, there was a list of quite a few network adapters (I don't know what these were). But now there are only two (local area connection - my normal internet connection, and local area connection 2 - the TAP connection).

Is this anything to worry about, that the list of other adapters there before have disappeared? Or would these all be uneccessary clutter? (My internet seems to be working fine).

Thanks

Yes I did, it only shows details for Windows IP Configuration, Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection, and Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2.

I don't remember exactly what's missing from ipconfig, but i think it may be isatap and tunnel adapters, possibly something to do with IPv6? (I have very low technical knowledge). Just need to know if this is anything to worry about. 

IPv6 appears to be enabled when not in VPN ('Disabled Components' in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\" goes back to 0 when exiting AirVPN Eddie, which should mean it's enabled).

I don't have an IPv6 address though in ipconfig, this might not be offered yet by my ISP.

Should there be more entries in ipconfig for various adapters, or am I just making something out of nothing?

Thanks

Never mind, i tried ipconfig again now and other adapters have returned (mostly isatap, and Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - looks like all stuff to do with IPv6).

Thanks