Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.142.115

Is it better to use servers in the AirVPN users home country if available, or to use foreign servers?. When I first subscribed to AirVPN I used the Dutch severs and they were fine but one of my favorite forums would not accept some of the addresses. I quickly learnt which servers to connect to to solve this but then when I did a search using Startpage I would often get a lot of Dutch language listings. To solve this and as I was becoming more confident in my AirVPN installs security in regard to leaks etc I decided to use the servers in my home country and found they were just as fast and so have continued to do this to the present day. There was another post here today with the header "Question" and after reading that I thought perhaps it would be better to use a non "local" server again. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?.

• Mass surveillance is global, you won't escape it by picking one country over another
  • If you feel particularly bad about your own country, feel free to pick servers in another country, but it's unlikely to make much of a difference
  • Stay on the same continent if you don't want performance to suffer
  • It would be considerate to avoid US servers for activities that might trigger DMCA notices

You should be able to override Startpage's "search language" on their Preferences page.

I don't remember seeing any Dutch results on Dutch servers after changing SP's language to english.

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

Is it better to use servers in the AirVPN users home country if available, or to use foreign servers?. When I first subscribed to AirVPN I used the Dutch severs and they were fine but one of my favorite forums would not accept some of the addresses. I quickly learnt which servers to connect to to solve this but then when I did a search using Startpage I would often get a lot of Dutch language listings. To solve this and as I was becoming more confident in my AirVPN installs security in regard to leaks etc I decided to use the servers in my home country and found they were just as fast and so have continued to do this to the present day. There was another post here today with the header "Question" and after reading that I thought perhaps it would be better to use a non "local" server again. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?.

I think it's interesting to see how things are segmented and also to try to guess captchas in Swedish Actually, I change the ones I use regularly and almost never use the US ones.